Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Mixed Media

Even though the temps outside here are still just like summer my mind is already starting to prepare for Christmas....so I have a little Christmas project to share with you today!

I've always loved art (all forms) and recently have fallen head over heals for creating mixed media canvases.  I was browsing the web all over and came across THIS fabulous Christmas canvas by Christy Tomlinson...she is totally fabulous!!  As soon as I saw her Christmas tree canvas I was totally inspired to create my own!


To make the tree I used pieces of scrap paper, Lace Tape & some Fabric Sheet died with Distress Stains.  The deer was cut out using a Sizzix die and THIS Fabric Sheet.  I also covered a chipboard star for the top of my tree using the Lemon Bar Fabric Tape.

Here are a couple of close ups.....



Thanks for stopping by, I hope I've inspired you to get a head start on some Christmas projects!!


2 comments:

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!