Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Tape Mosaic Art Journal Page

Hello! Tessa here with another smash book/art journal page featuring Love My Tapes. I love a good quote and I thought it would be fun to display my favorites in this smash book. For this page, I decided to mix stickers, handwriting and strips of fabric, lace and washi tapes to create a mosaic:


I didn't have a plan; I just started at the top and worked my way down. I adhered my first stickers, then added a strip of lace tape that filled the next space. I wrote out a quote, then added more tape. To make it visually interesting, I didn't always use one solid piece of tape all the way across the page. Instead, I tore pieces from different rolls, creating a mosaic effect.


Once all the quotes and tapes were down, I added number stickers to make it more list-like.


This is a great way to get a lot of designs onto one project, as well as a great way to use up small pieces you might have left on a roll. Thanks for stopping by today, and if you're in the mood for more smash book pages, you can visit my blog today for Smash Sunday (there's more washi tape, too!).

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tessa, so beautiful! I love this idea and how you incorporated your favorite quotes with the washi tape pattern! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the quotes with the pink and lace and all of it is so beautiful. I like that you added numbers - it does give it dimension.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!