Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Pretty gift bags in a flash

Happy Friday! I hope you are stopping by to get some inspiration for crafty projects to work on over the weekend.  If so I, Jaclyn, have just the idea for you.  It's a quick, easy and beautiful way to dress up your gifts for the holidays. 



The supplies are simple and probably things you already have on hand:

plain kraft gift bags (I purchased mine at the dollar store - 4 for $1.00!)
glitter adhesive-backed cardstock
premade tags
coordinating washi tape
ribbon/twine
additional embellishments, you wish to add.

The first step is to create a glittery banner backdrop for each gift bag.  I cut a strip of LMT's glitter adhesive cardstock to 3"x6", notching the bottom edge.  Once cut, the chunky banner easily and securely adheres to the front of the bag.
 
 

The 'tags' I used are cut from a stack of Die Cuts with a View patterned papers.  I dressed them up with a few pearls, strips of coordinating washi tape, and a punched hole for adhering.  Ribbon and twine provide just the right finishing touch.





 
If you are embellishing more than gift bags this weekend, check out my previous posts here and here for ideas for dressing up baked goods and pillow boxes.  All of these examples can be customized for the occasion!

1 comment:

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!