Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Two Cards; One Sketch

Hello everyone. This is Annette Witherspoon and I'm back with a couple cards. Before I show them to you, I'd like to officially introduce myself.





I started dabbling in paper crafts a several years ago - shortly after receiving a handmade wedding card. I fell in love with the idea of creating one-of-a-kind cards made straight from the heart. Two-and-a-half years ago, I ramped up my crafting endeavors when I started my blog, A. Spoon Full of Sugar, which is a play on my real name. A is the first letter of my first name, and Spoon is the last half of my last name.

Since then, I started doing design work, entering challenges and submitting to magazines. I have been fortunate enough to design for
  • Stampendous
  • Pink by Design stamps
  • Frosted Designs challenge blog
  • Joy’s Life stamps
  •  Currently for A Jillian Vance Design and Eyelet Outlet

I also wrote for ScrapStreet Magazine, an online scrapbooking and papercrafting magazine. My work has been published in Paper Craft’s Magazine and Scrapstreet Magazine.

Before becoming a mother to my two children, I worked in public relations/marketing for 10 years.

Now for the fun part - cards!! I made two cards for you today. They both use the same sketch from Card Maps, but they are very different. One is a Mother's Day card and the other is a Birthday card. The colors and the orientation are very different, too.





The first card uses a color palette of red and white with small touches of green and black. You'll see it's a vertical card. It features fabric tape from the red ribbon value pack, which includes three styles of fabric tape that coordinate well together. The sentiments and dies are from A. Jillian Vance Design.

Now let's take a look at the second card.


You can see I switched the orientation of the sketch from vertical to horizontal. You may also notice that I didn't follow the sketch precisely. I rearranged a few things, but the same basic design is the same. This card also uses fabric tape from the value pack, as well as pink lace tape. 

I love the texture of the fabric tapes. The photos really don't do it justice. The fabric adds a different texture, but the adhesive is still low tack making the tapes very easy to reposition. The value packs are great because they include three different tapes that coordinate together.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Stay tuned because you will get to meet another design team member on Friday. As for now, I am going to leave you with a side-by-side view of the two cards.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love the sketch and both cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the different takes on the sketch! It's pretty cool how they look so different and yet some elements are the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both! And they show how versatile that sketch is...mmmm...cupcakes! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!