Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Layer with Washi Tape to add Dimension

Hello Love My Tapes fans!  Susie here today to share a beach themed layout that uses bits of washi tape to add accents and dimension.
I used this vibrant red and white washi tape, which you can find in the Love My Tapes Etsy store:
I started the layout by stenciling on white cardstock.  I wanted to match the rope net design in this paper:
I added layers of patterned paper and bits of the vibrant red and white washi tape...
...carefully positioning it so that it peeked out from beneath the layers creating subtle dimension and strong accents.
Here I applied the washi tape to white cardstock and trimmed it out to add a *pop* to the strip journaling:
You can see it peeking out here at the bottom of the layout.  The orange-y red is a perfect match for the colors in the paper line and my son's swim trunks!
I added a chipbboard word and rhinestone bling from my stash...
...and a cute little die cut crab!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play (with washi tape) today!  
Susie

2 comments:

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!