Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Create an Interactive Layout with Washi Tape

Hello Love My Tapes blogging friends.  Marcia here today to share how you can create an interactive layout with washi tape. I have an amazing friend that creates several gingerbread houses from scratch every year (30-40 houses!). Then she and her daughters host gingerbread decorating parties. She supplies all the candy and frosting too. It was such a fun time I had to scrap a layout about it. But I had a couple photos I wanted on my layout and if I printed them smaller than 4x6 it would be hard to see the details. If I put them side by side on my layout, I would cover up too much of this fabulous die cut from 17Turtles. What to do? I decided to create a flip book right on my layout. Then I could flip it open to see my other photos.




The photo flips open, like a book. This way I could add more pictures underneath. Look at my decorated Gingerbread House, complete with a sleigh, snowman, trees, a little doggie, and Santa climbing down the chimney! 


Here is how you can make one too. Cut your pattern paper slightly larger than your photos. Lay them side by side and use washi tape to adhere them together.


Now flip it over and do the same to the other side. Trim the excess tape at the top and the bottom. Then adhere your flip book to the layout.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!

1 comment:

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!