Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Love My Tapes July Challenge

Happy Friday Love My Tapes friends!  Tina here today with the July challenge and another washi tape card to get you started.  Last week, I shared a cute clown card that I created using some of my favorite Love My Tapes washi tapes. 

When creating that card, I shared a technique of punching shapes using washi tape and using the negative of the punch instead of throwing the negative out.  The card I want to share today uses the punched shape.

I used one of my favorite washi tapes, Red Diamond.  Using a star punch, I punched the washi that I had placed on a scrap piece of paper.


In addition to the washi star, I used more of the Red Diamond washi as a coordinating accent layer on the left side of the card.



The use of the washi tape was subtle, but it creates such punch of color.

Here is a picture of both cards, so you see how I used both the punched shape and the negative.


The challenge for July is to create a project (layout, card, altered project) using STARS!  The project must contain washi tape and stars to be entered in the challenge. 

I hope you enjoyed my share today and get a chance to play along.

You have until July 25th to link up your projects!  The winner will be announced on July 27th and the winner will receive an assortment of Love My Tapes products. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Tried adding my card but couldn't get the Linky to work. Here it is:

    http://paperartteam.blogspot.com/2012/07/slide-mount-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. what totally FAB cards--a great use of the tape, the theme, and those gorgeous retro images! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love washi in all it's forms!! Thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!