Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Guest Designer - Keri Babbitt, Part One

Hello and Happy Wednesday Love My Tapes Friends!

Today, we are highlighting a special designer, Keri Babbitt, our February Guest Designer.  Let's get to know her a little better.



Hi, all you tape fans out there...I'm happy to be joining you here at Love My Tapes for the lovely month of February.  I'm a designer who loves creating feminine projects for/about my two daughters.  I love all things vintage, nostalgic, modern, and clean.  Yep, I'm a walking contradiction, lol.  I am inspired by unusual color combos, art mediums of every type, and of course, Pinterest. I'm excited to be sharing some fun projects with you, and hope they inspire you to break out the tapes and get creating!

You can find out more about me, my projects, and sketches, over at my blog: http://kensingtondesign.blogspot.com




Keri's first layout share is a completely adorable layout that uses washi tape in a fun and creative way.  Here's what Keri has to say about her layout.



My first thought when I sat down to create my first GDT project, was to see if my Cameo would cut out a tape-covered title...it totally did. :)  I inked the edges and popped it off the page with some dimensional adhesive.  I also used three vertical tape strips to ground the photo, and created a fun faux-bois frame for the photo mat.



I completely adore Keri's second layout! It is full of fresh color and wonderful design.  Here's what she has to say about it.



With this one, I went with lots of fun tape-layering on the diagonal.  I put the teal-stripe tape on white cardstock before punching out the little hearts, then carefully peeled it back up, to place it on the layout background.




Wow!  Those are amazing layouts!  Thank you Keri for sharing your creativity and talent with us.  Be sure and stop by later in the month for Part Two of GDT projects.


7 comments:

  1. welcome Keri...your layouts are so adorable...totally love them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my I love what you did with the hearts on the second layout! too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Keri! Fantastic designs and great use of tape! Thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible LOs & really interesting - LOVE the way the heart tape in the corner was 'created'....very yummy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work Keri!! You used my fave tape on both of these...the diagonal Teal stripe!! :) So glad to have you Guest Designing with us this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keri, these are really wonderful projects!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!