Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Enhancing Your Projects with Washi

Happy Friday, LMT fans!  Missy here with you today to show how you can use a variety of colored washi tapes to enhance your projects and add some interest to them.  I just love rainbows, and I was in the mood to create something from scratch and not use any specific lines or collections.  I pulled out a rainbow selection of LMT washi tapes and my trusty paints :)  I took a sponge brush and watered down a squirt or two of each color and just washed it over a heart I hand-cut from cardstock.

I then took the coordinating washi tapes and added strips to each color section.  Then I added in some black chevron and striped tape to match my stamps and title.  I love the look and texture the tape gives.  You can see them better in my close-ups.


I just love the yellow striped tape!  I love how each one I used has a different shape on it...from stripes to dots to diagonals...such a great variety.


Another close up...


I taped over punched out hearts here and just traced around the edges.  I then just dipped my finger into each paint color and smudged some on.  Easy!


I hope this inspires you to take a little break from all the patterned papers and just create something from scratch...and pull out that washi tape to give it a little extra "oomph"!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. MIssy this is SO incredibly inspiring and original!!! I love everything about it- the painting, the design- the fantastic photo- fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool layout! I am pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! It's so colorful and happy!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!