Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Dyeing Lace Tape with Gelatos

Hello! Tessa here. Have you been bit by the gelato bug? I have, and I decided to see what would happen if I mixed gelatos with Love My Tapes' lace tape:


I started with white lace tape and adhered four strips to a piece of 140 lb watercolor paper. I applied a different color of gelato to each strip. I saturated the lace with a wet brush, causing the color to soak into the lace and onto the watercolor paper. To blend the colors, I added more gelato and water.


The lace tape held up to the gelato and water beautifully! I didn't have to add any additional adhesive to the lace at all.


If you're up for a little mixed media, try dyeing your lace tape with a medium like gelatos. It's messy fun, and the possibilities are endless. Speaking of messy, stop by my blog to read about a messy mistake that I made on this card, and how I fixed it. Thanks for visiting, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love using gelatos, but I hadn't thought of this yet. So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I pretty look! Great way to make your own colors of lace tape! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!