Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Baked goods and pretty tapes

Hi LMT fans, it's Jaclyn here today.  Please tell me I am not alone in the fact that the cooler temperatures immediately put me in the mood to bake.  Anyone else have this 'problem'?  Something about pulling out the jeans, boots and sweaters initiates my craving for everything pumpkin flavored, warm and delicious.  Since the temperature has barely reached 50 degrees where I live within the past several days, I've succumbed to baking six loaves of pumpkin bread and four dozen snickerdoodle cookies!  I admit, its a problem! Ha!  But it would be even more of a problem, if I ate it all myself!  Luckily I have many friends and neighbors who appreciate my kitchen whims and are happy to indulge in surprise packages of goodies on their porch.

What does any of this have to do with the pretty tapes you come to see on this blog?  Well, just as I mentioned in my post last week, I often reach for my supply of tapes to pretty up my baked goods packaging prior to passing them along!

 
 
I've been gifting loaves up pumpkin bread like crazy.  I found these cute kraft and orange polka dot boxes at my local craft store.  While cute and decorative, they definitely needed to be dressed up!  I created a simple black cardstock wrap, to extend around the outside of each bread box.   At this point, I dug into my tape stash, wrapping some around the perimeter of each box and making darling, dimensional bows with the rest.


 

LMT is now providing you with awesome 12x12 adhesive-backed glitter sheets!  To keep with the Halloween theme, I used the black glitter cardstock to accent my cardstock wraps, as a base for my 'tape bows' and I even used a bit along the bottom edge of each tag.

 
 
The glitter sheets have a super strong adhesive, so there's no worry that they'll move once you have them stuck down.  What I also love about these sheets is they are no mess!  I punched, trimmed and cut various pieces from the black glitter sheet, and didn't have a strand of stray glitter anywhere on myself or my work surface!
 
 
 
That's all I've got for today, LMT friends. Enjoy your weekend!  We hope you'll come back and visit us next week.  The Design Team girls all received a bounty of new LMT products and we're eager to share the fun things we've been making with them, with you!


2 comments:

  1. Love how you decorated those boxes. So cute. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!