Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Funny Bunny Easter Layout

Hello Love My Tapes fans!  Susie here today to share my very first project as a DT member:  an Easter layout!
The 4 tapes I used on my project are *new* to the Love My Tapes Etsy shop:
I decided I wanted to use narrow strips of washi tape to accent this Easter egg border.  The first step was to pull out my craft knife and ruler and apply a piece of the hot pink striped tape to my cutting mat.  I made a point to just lightly adhere the tape so that it would be easy to remove.
I used the grid on the mat to help me cut straight thin strips which I peeled off and adhered in place.
I placed the finished piece across the center of the layout and then added the other elements.
In the upper left corner, I used a couple pieces of washi tape to create a banner under the title sticker.  I specifically chose the purple dot tape because it matches my daughter's dress.  The Echo Park Happy Easter paper I used did not have any purple in it at all and this is my favorite way to tie the photos to the layout.
The top center of the layout is occupied by a Project Life style pocket card.  I created a journaling card to tuck behind it because I tend to use a lot of hidden journaling.  I incorporated the same thin strips of hot pink striped washi I used on the Easter Egg strip.
I used a couple more strips of washi on the bottom corner of the page to anchor a small embellishment cluster:
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play (with washi tape) today!  

3 comments:

  1. Love the bright colors of this page and those tapes are perfect for your layout! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you trimmed down the pink tape! I just had to buy a roll. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!