Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Designer Spotlight - Mary Ann Jenkins

Happy Tuesday Love My Tape Friends!  I hope y'all have had a terrific weekend and your week is even better.

Today, we would like to feature Mary Ann Jenkins, a LMT Designer.  Mary Ann joined the design team in September and we is always coming up with creative uses for washi, lace, and fabric tapes. Let's get to know Mary Ann a little better.



How long have you been crafty?
       I've been "crafty" as long as I can remember, but started paper crafting back in the mid 80's. It was just stickers and decorative scissors back then, and after completing my first scrapbook I was hooked!
  What got you started in creating ART?
      I would have my Grandma to thank for that. When I was a little girl, she would cut paper dolls for me, and make clothes for them out of her left over fabric scraps. I remember when I was about 5, she gave me my own pair of scissors and taught me how to fold and cut the paper to make the cute little dolls. Little did I know that one day I would love playing with paper just as much as when I was 5!

 What is a craft tool you can’t live without?
       That would have to be my paper trimmer. My hubby bought me a professional paper trimmer a few years ago, one that I would have never spent the $$ on, but it has been worth every penny he spent!  I can't imagine scrapbooking without it!

What is your favorite Love My Tapes product?
       I don't know if I could pick just one!! Of course I love LMT's washi tape, but the fabric tape is so much fun to play with too :)

If you could create your own LMT product, what would it be?
       I've often wished there was a way to print your own washi tape. Like if you needed washi with purple trees, print it! If you need washi with onion rings, print it! Your own custom washi would sure be fun wouldn't it!

What ‘old school’ product would you like to bring back?
       Decorative scissors anyone?  I have almost thrown them away many times, but just can't bring myself to part with them. Maybe someday they will return as a trend in paper crafting, but for now I have them in a pretty little jar in my scrapbook studio.

Please share a quirky fact about yourself.
The first thing that comes to mind is, I like to drink soda (or "pop" for those of you on the East coast) straight out of the can. I don't like it over ice in a glass, in fact, I would rather drink it warm then have to drink it out of a glass. It's a can or nothing at all ;)
I'm loving the 'print your own washi' idea...how about you?

Thank you Mary Ann for sharing a peek into your artistic life.  Thank y'all for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Mary Ann, I am totally with you on the sodas!! I like my Coke in the bottle...no ice...it just dilutes all of the caffeine and good flavor!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!