Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fun & Functional!

I am back today and sharing my first post for Love My Tapes in the new year!!  I know Christmas is over (and I'm sure some of us are glad of that), but I had a fun idea I wanted to share with you, that I used for some of my Christmas gifts.  In the day of "everyone has everything", it can be a little difficult to buy gifts for loved ones, so Gift Cards are always a popular item at our house!  I had several that I bought for family members this year and wanted a cute way to "gift" them.  There was a great cut file I downloaded from the Silhouette store, that would work perfectly with the Gift Cards.  It was an envelope file, with a little card that fit down inside the envelope.  I cut my envelope and card on kraft paper, but I found that when I folded and adhered it, the envelope had a little trouble sticking together because of the thickness of the kraft paper.  I didn't want to staple it or add any kind of Scotch tape...so Washi Tape to the rescue!  I used it and wrapped it around the seam of the bottom of the envelope, to help make it more secure.  I also used some of the tape, on the inside card piece, to back the dollar amount that I cut out on the Cameo.  Here's a look at the Gift Card holders:


The Washi Tape worked perfectly to secure the edges on my envelope and it also added a great decorative touch!  But, you don't have to wait until next Christmas to try this idea...Gift Card holders are always needed for birthdays, Mother's Day, Graduation, and a ton of other occasions.  So give it a try, next time you are in need of a cute Gift Card holder!







 

2 comments:

  1. these are so fabulous...such a fun idea..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see new ways to give gift cards...and you are not going to explain "Dirty Santa" obviously...so not fair! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!