Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Altered album cover with washi ape

As many of you, I accumulated an impressive stash of scrapbook supplies and products that I just had to have because one day I will need them. You know what I am talking about! So when I was looking for an album for an online class I am taking I decided it was time to shop my stash.

I found a simple 4x6 photo album that needed some alterations.


The first thing that I did was to paint the album cover with gesso. I used sponge to eliminate the brush strokes. I knew I wanted to use "everyday" chipbard sticker so I started from the bottom by layering three pieces of Love My Tapes washi tape and the chipboard sticker.
Next I finished the title using the various letter stickers from my stash and added two more small pieces of washi tape to the top of the cover.

I added gold marker to the grid letters and finished with an arrow paper clip and few pearls.

 
 
I plan on using the same tapes throughout the album to give it a nice consistent look.
 
Thank you for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!