Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Washi Tape Art Journal Page

Hi guys, Katie here! Today I wanted to show you how I created the background on this art journal page.


You'll need 2 or more different patterns of washi tape to make this look. I used a pretty floral yellow and a contrasting teal tape. You can find our tapes in the Love My Tapes etsy shop here.

Start by placing a strip of your first color across your page. It can be any direction you want.
Next take your second color, placing a strip next to the first. Repeat this a couple of times.

Now you need to fill in the rest of the page. Turn your page 90 degrees and place the edge of your tape against the tapes you already stuck down.
So your strips of tape are going in the opposite direction as the first few.

Repeat until you've covered your page, turning your page as you need to and changing the direction of your tapes.

If you overlapped your tapes any, you can use a craft knife to clean them up.


Here is my finished page in my art journal:


Thanks for stopping by today! -Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!