Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

December Guest Designer - Svetlana Austin, Part One

Hello and Happy Friday Love My Tapes friends!

Today, we are highlighting a special designer, Svetlana Austin, our December Guest Designer.  Let's get to know her a little better.


Hi, everyone! My name is Svetlana Austin. I am a Russian girl who ended up living in hot South Africa for the last 11 years. I met my husband while he was doing mission work in Russia. We have 2 beautiful sons who keep us busy and fill our lives with sunshine (not that we have lack of it in the northern part of our country). I was always creative. I tried many different crafts but once I was introduced to scrapbooking by my friend, I never stopped. It was 8 years ago. I defiantly love to create layouts about my little boys the most. My aim is to reflect their personalities through my work. I love to make real boy’s layouts full of colors and details. I like to use paint and sprays in my projects, as well as hand-stitching. Sometimes I like to make very romantic and feminine layouts about myself or about my girl-friends. It allows me to express the stuff that I personally like. My scrapbooking style is always determined by photographs I use and what kind of story I would like to tell through my project. I had a pleasure to design for various Russian and international challenge blogs. Also I was honored to be part of Kaisercraft's DT 2011-2012. You can visit my blog at Colourful Memories (http://www.colorfulmemories-protea.blogspot.com/)
I am very thankful to Tina for inviting me to be a Guest Designer at Love My Tapes this month!

Svetlana's first project is an absolutely gorgeous card.  Here's what she had to say about it.


I made this card as a gift for one very special person - for no specific occasion. I decorated it with antique self adhesive lace. I also used floral fabric tape to make little decorative banners. For that I applied two rows  of the tape on a piece of cardstock overlapping it a little. After that I just cut the banners in the size it needed them to be. This allowed me to achieve more dimension on my card.


Svetlana's second project is a stunning layout. 


Layout:
Though most of my projects are about my boys I actually like real girly stuff - flowers and some frills. I am so much in love with the lace tape I received that it became the main inspiration behind all of my projects I created for LMT.
This lace has nice shabby feel to it and it is a pure pleasure to be able to stick it on right away.For this layout I made some alteration to the lace by cutting it out to create softer round look on the lacy border.
I also used washi tape to make a little corner matting for my photo. I sticked it on a piece of cardstock and then cut it out. It gave nice contrasting accent to my layout.



WOW - aren't her projects beautiful? 

Thank you Svetlana for sharing your talent with us today!

6 comments:

  1. What lovely projects..love the layout and the card is gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work Svetlana!! Love the way you used the pretty lace tape! So glad you are joining us as a Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your page is fantastic and your card absolutely stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you ladies! it was such a pleasure and a lot of fun to create with tapes in mind as the main inspiration - rather challenging but fun! thank you for having me to guest design this month!
    wishing you all merry Christmas and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!