Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Pinspiration: Tape a Shape!

I am back today with a new layout based on another fun idea found on the Love My Tapes Crafty Inspiration Pinterest Board!!  I chose an adorable layout by Kim Arnold.  She used multiple tape patterns over heart shapes and placed them on her layout.  Such a cute idea.  I altered her idea a little bit, by using different tapes on 3 different hearts and grouping them together on my layout.





I used my Die Cut machine, to cut out my heart shapes first...you could also go old school and just cut out your hearts free hand!  After my shapes were cut, I just tore pieces of my Washi Tape and placed the pieces side by side overlapping the edges of the hearts.  Then, I cut the excess off around the shape of the heart.  You could also add your tape first and then cut your shape.  Just go with the method that works best for you.

Here's a look at Kim's adorable layout.  Love all of the different tapes she used on her hearts!


And the best part is, you could use this idea for a variety of shapes!  I hope you will play around and look for some new uses for your Washi Tape.  Maybe you will be our next source of Pinspiration!!









5 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite layouts by you! I love all of it Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very cute and heartfelt! I love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 beautiful pages and a great idea, i have tons of shapes that i don't like de colors !

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!