Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Pinspiration: Off the Page

It's Mary Ann with a project to share today that started with another project I found on the Love My Tapes Off The Page Pinterest Page. In Rita's original post, she used a paper sack as gift wrapping, and added washi tape to dress it up just a bit. I love the kraft color of the paper sacks, so I used them too for a little Christmas surprise I wanted to make.

This idea has been around for awhile and I've seen many versions of the poem, but this one is my favorite!

I started with a sandwich size bag, filled it with uncooked oats, then added in
gold and red colored cake sprinkles.

Next I cut a circle from the front part of a brown paper sack, then added the bag of food. I folded the top of the sack over, and stapled so it would stay together, and hold the bag of reindeer food, then added a strip of washi tape to cover the staples. I typed the cute poem on a tag, added a strip of washi and used a paper punch. To finish it off, I made a small medallion out of the washi tape (I added the washi to a strip of cardstock before folding), a larger medallion out of patterned paper then added the fun reindeer sticker. Of course the reindeer needed a red rhinestone nose! I can't wait until Christmas eve to see this sprinkled all over our yard ;)

Here is the poem in case you want to make your own Reindeer Food!
 
Be sure to take this MAGIC FOOD
and sprinkle on the lawn,
on Christmas, Santa's Reindeer
travel miles before the dawn.
The smell of oats
and glitter path
will guide them on their way
and you'll wake up
to Santa's gifts next morn
on Christmas Day!
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 

2 comments:

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!