Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Sweetheart, should be our motto during the holidays!!  It can get overwhelming with all of the holiday festivities taking place, and most of the time we sacrifice our crafty time to make it through the month of December.  But there are quick and easy ways to squeeze in some creative time during any busy season in your life.  Here are my two biggest suggestions: grab a Kit or coordinated products and pull out a couple or several rolls of your favorite Washi Tapes.  Then, keep it simple...don't try to over-think what you're doing or worry about if your keeping up with the latest trend or embellishment.  I had fun incorporating two different Love My Tapes Washi Tapes on my layout and got it finished in an hour.




 
The kit I used gave me quick access to the paper and embellishments I needed, and then I used my favorite LMT Washi Tape as a border at the top and bottom of my layout.  This kit included a few chipboard stars and I thought it would be a good idea to use the Red and Pink Washi to cover the stars, for a different look.  I just placed the strips of tape over two of the stars and then used the craft knife to cut away the excess.  How easy is that...easy peasy, I say!!

So don't let all of the Christmas cheer cut into your craft time!!  Look for fun and quick ways to use your tapes on your next layout.  I'm sure you will be surprised with what you come up with!!





 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ashley! Great misting and embellishment placement. I agree - so easy with washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the little details Ashley. So perfectly placed!! Have a wonderful New Year my friend! I can't wait to see what 2013 brings your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome design! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas layout using non-traditional colors! Lots of cool, funky details!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!