Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Using Love My Tapes in your Art Journal

Hey guys, Katie here! Today I wanted to share with you a few of the ways I use Love My Tapes washi in my art journal. What I love about playing around in my art journal is that I can use all sorts of media, including washi tape. Below are a few ways I've used tape in my journal recently.


Using them as a border around the page- I use this technique quite a bit in my journal.

 

Use colored lace tapes- I loved the technique Tessa used for coloring the lace tapes with gelatos, so I used some orangey and melon colored gelatos to tint my lace tapes for some project life cards. I had some of the dyed tapes leftover and used them here in my journal.


Layer tapes to make a background. I haven't finished this page, obviously, but I was playing around with my tapes and wanted to create a layered background.

 

Ruffle your tapes- this works especially well with the fabric tapes. I ruffled the blue raindrop fabric tape along the right side of my journal page here.


Use all tapes of one color. I already shared this journal page here on the LMT blog, but I wanted to add it in to this roundup.



How do you use tapes in your art journal?

1 comment:

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!