Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Fabric tape backdrop

Hello LMT friends!  It's Jaclyn here today to share a quick card I whipped up with some fabric tape. 

From the moment I spied the soft texture, color and patterns of these two fabric tapes I knew they would be a perfect compliment to a sweet baby card.  Not only that, but they helped me pull the card together in no time without sacrificing style or pattern. 

 
I layed down a simple background, by lining up varying lengths of the tape along a section of white cardstock.  Changing up the lengths of the tape and cutting the ends of each piece at a different angle or style, allowed me to easily create added interest and dimension.  Since the tapes are fairly thin and pliable, I was even able to overlap sections of the tape without creating too much bulk, run then through my sewing machine for added texture and stitch through them with ease to attach a few sewn on buttons.

 
 
This close up shows just how easy it is to stamp on the fabric surface, as well.  I used a dye ink and clear photopolymer stamp to stamp my sentiment and the legs of the stork, and had no issues with it bleeding or running on the fabric.
 

 
Next time you're putting together a quick card, you might consider turning to your tapes for an easy and colorful backdrop.  The pattern and texture of the tape is sure to set the stage for the theme and message you want to convey to your recipient.  Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable! Love the stitching and strips of fabric tape.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!