Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Peek-a-boo Ruffles with Fabric Tape

Hello and happy Father's Day! I thought today would be an appropriate day to share a Smash book page that celebrates one of my favorite dads - my husband. This book is all about selfies that my husband and I take together. This particular page spread is about a date night we had back in April:


I used several Love My Tapes to bring the bright colors all together: green dot washi tape, red circle dot washi tape, pink and white lace tape, and light red fabric tape.


I wanted to bring a little extra attention to my photo, so I created some texture with the fabric tape. I made a ruffle with the tape and adhered my photo over one edge, so the ruffle peeks out from the photo mat.


To make your own, cut a length of tape about twice as long as the space you want it to cover. Next, secure the top to your page. Pinch the tape onto itself, then press the next bit of tape to your page. Repeat until you reach the end of your tape. By overlapping a photo or pocket card, you can press the ripple down into place.

For more photos of these Smash book pages and the Love My Tapes tapes in use, feel free to visit my blog today. Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

1 comment:

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!